Header/Navigation Bar

Image Map

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Be the Change



We've heard the phrase, we've said the phrase but how many of us great educators are making the time to actually "Walk the walk" when it comes to creating change?

Educators are usually great at looking towards the future. Obviously, we want to make a positive impact, hence our daily work. However, I personally feel like education isn't reaching it's full potential in the present.

So that leads to two choices. I could remain silent hoping that somehow things will all work out. And truly, sometimes they do. Or I could seize an opportunity to speak out and speak up.

Based on my work with My Voice, my student activism program for elementary students, you can probably guess I'm leaning towards the latter option.

I'm hoping that more educators join me in that mindset. There are definitely some things that need to change in education. It's time to be the change we wish to see in education. We really need to advocate for ourselves and tell our side of the story. So many others are trying to tell it for us!

This could mean contacting a legislator, going to a meeting or something else that could be out of your comfort zone. Do it anyways! It's worth it. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment